All ACBS members are invited to participate in the 2019 Mahogany & Chrome Annual Event …
- beginning with cruising on Grand Lake O’ the Cherokees on Thursday,
- more cruising on Friday,
- the judged show and awards banquet on Saturday
- and of course, dining at lakeside eateries.
Arrowhead Yacht Club & Marina, Grand Lake, Oklahoma
The free-to-the-public boat show will offer a wide array of vintage, classic, and retro boats that will be on display at the docks of Arrowhead Yacht Club & Marina.
On Saturday the 7th, this year’s event will include the opportunity for spectators and members to vote for their favorite classic boat for the People’s Choice Award, and Heartland Classics shirts and boating accessories will be available for purchase at the Heartland Classics Ship Store.
Register by August 28th or for Early Bird Rates August 14th
Mahogany & Chrome Boat Show Itinerary
Thursday | September 5th
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM * Mid-Morning Cruise & Welcome Lunch
Early Bird Cruise North to The Wheats’ lake house for a light lunch.
- 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM * Dinner and Early Registration Sign-In
Early arrivals gather for dinner on the deck at Arrowhead Yacht Club
Friday | September 6th
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM * Arrival & Registration
Launch assistance is provided at Arrowhead Yacht Club Marina north ramp. Participants report to the Dock Master at the Heartland Classics courtesy transom for slip assignments. Slips are preassigned. Assemble at courtesy docks prior to Lake Cruise.
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM * Cruise to Lunch
Depart on a Lake Cruise to Doc’s at Shangri-La for lunch for pre-registered participants. Menu choice must be submitted with registration. You will pay on-site at the restaurant. Menu is included in registration packet.
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM * Afternoon Cruise
Depart from Shangri-La and cruise leisurely back to Arrowhead Yacht Club.
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM * Shrimp & Crawfish Boil Dinner
Shrimp & Crawfish Boil @ Harbors View Marina (Duck Creek). This event is for pre-registered participants.
Saturday | September 7th
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM * Show Arrival & Registration
Registration opens at Arrowhead Yacht Club. *Launch assistance provided at north ramp.
Participants report to the courtesy docks for pre-assigned slip assignments.
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM * Boaters Breakfast
Boaters Breakfast Buffet at Arrowhead Yacht Club for pre-registered participants. Located upstairs in the AYC dining room. [Sign-In Required Upon Entrance]
- 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM * Show Time
Show opens to public . Boats remain in assigned slips until 3:00 p.m.
26th Annual Awards Banquet & Dinner
Located across Duck Creek from AYC. Accessible by boat or land . *Courtesy docks & boat shuttle available to & from AYC and CYC. [Sign-In Required Upon Entrance]
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM * Happy Hour
Meet by land or boat to unwind and relax in the dining room at Cherokee Yacht Club. *Cash Bar
- 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM * Banquet Dinner & Awards Presentation
Enjoy a buffet dinner in the dining room of Cherokee Yacht Club with a view of Duck Creek.
Attendee and boat acknowledgments of the day’s judged boat show.
- * Farewell Social – Move next-door to CYC’s Hooker’s Bar to mingle, share stories, and check out the nostalgic photos of Grand Lake in its early years.
Public Boat Show
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Arrowhead Yacht Club & Marina, Grand Lake
Mahogany & Chrome Classic Boat Show
Mahogany & Chrome Classic Boat Show is held by the Heartland Classics Chapter of ACBS. Traditionally, this show is held early in September on Grand Lake O’ the Cherokees in NE Oklahoma. This event is the only judged boat show within Heartland Classics Chapter. Each year home port is at Arrowhead Yacht Club & Marina in Afton, Oklahoma.