Heartland Classics Chapter of the ACBS
Member Boats: 1971-1975
“Member Boats” will display boats that presently or previously have belonged to members of the Heartland Classics Chapter.
The Antique and Classic Boat Society (ACBS) has designated age classifications which include boats of all hull material and purposes. Although well known for wooden pleasure craft of the mid 20th century, the members’ appreciation of historic craftsmanship and styling blended with the purposeful utilitarian use of all vessels leads our members to be guardians of all types and ages of watercraft.
ACBS recognizes these age classifications:
- Historic: A boat built up to and including 1918.
- Antique: A boat built between 1919 and 1942, inclusive.
- Classic: A boat built between 1943 and 1975, inclusive.
- Late Classic: A boat built after 1975 through the year 25 years prior to the current year. (In 2019, the Late Classic period ends with boats built in 1994.)
- Contemporary: A wooden boat built within the last 25 years.
Judging classes within those age classifications are fully described on the ACBS website.
Click here to learn more about the ACBS judging system.
1974 Cobalt CD19
This 1974 Cobalt CD19 is 19′ long, powered with a 350 Mercury with 260hp. She is owned by Chuck Gibbs.
Summer Blue is a 1974 Chris Craft 22′ Tournament Fisherman with a small block 200 hp engine. She is owned by Dale and Janet Roth.